Center for All Abilities (CAA) seeks to serve individuals with special needs and their families through creative, educational and spiritual enrichment in a faith-guided environment. CAA envisions a world where those of all abilities can integrate fully in society. Working towards this vision, CAA empowers people of all abilities through creative arts therapy and community programs, to reach their full potential and thrive in the community.
The Children's Playgroup and Caregiver Skills Training Groups run concurrently this Spring, from 3/10/23 to 6/10/23.
- The playgroup provides neurodiverse children (aged 5 - 9), as well as their siblings, an opportunity for creative arts and play activities.
- Caregivers participate in a support group, led by fellow caregivers, in which skills training through an adapted curriculum developed by WHO/Autism Speaks, is also taught.
Volunteers are needed to help facilitate creative arts and play activities for a small group of children participants. All materials are provided. Volunteers will also help with pre- and post-program set-up/clean-up.
- Volunteers must be at least 18-years-old.
- Volunteers will attend a zoom briefing on 2/24, 8:30-9:30PM. An alternative Zoom briefing can be arranged for volunteers who cannot make the 2/24 virtual orientation.
Frequency and length of commitment:
- Volunteers serve weekly for 12 Saturdays, from 10am - 12:30pm, from 3/11/23 - 6/10/23 (except 4/8 and 5/27).
- Ideally volunteers who can attend all sessions. If there's 1-2 sessions a volunteer can't make, please let us know.
Process: Click "request for information" and a staff member will be in touch!