Want to be more involved with Hope for New York? Scroll down for more ways be integrated into our network. Then, submit an application to apply for a HFNY leadership role, including the Community Grants Circle.
Community Grants Circle (CGC)
The CGC is an annual, invite-only program for select supporters to get an inside look at the HFNY grantmaking process. Applications are open every winter. Please scroll down the page for the application.
Eligibility: Invitation only
- Commitment level: About 1-3 hours per week for 6 weeks
- Timeframe: Spring (six weeks)
Young Supporters Community (YSC)
The YSC provides young professionals in New York City with the opportunity to support HFNY’s mission. The YSC, and its Leadership Council, manage fundraising events, cultivate their peers throughout the year, and develop substantive experience in leadership within a nonprofit setting.
- Eligibility: Young professionals committed to mercy and justice, who have interest in building awareness about HFNY's impact with their spheres of influence
- Commitment level: Average of 2-4 hours per month, depending on the month
- Timeframe: Fall - Spring (at least one fiscal year)
Want to be on the YSC Leadership Council? You can learn more by also clicking the button below.
Volunteer Team Leader
Volunteer Team Leaders are experienced volunteers who oversee, manage, guide and coordinate other volunteers for a specific program at a HFNY affiliate.
- Eligibility: Volunteers who have a deep commitment to mercy and justice, who enjoy mobilizing and leading volunteers, and who want a hands-on experience working more directly with an affiliate. Administrative strength is a plus.
- Commitment level: Average of 1-3 hours per month, for at least a one-year term
- Timeframe: Rolling (as needed)
His Toy Store Committee
His Toy Store Committee members serve as the main group that oversees, manages, coordinates and decorates a specific His Toy Store site for a HFNY affiliate.
- Eligibility: Volunteers who are congregants at one our church partners, who have strong administrative and organizational skills, and who enjoy event planning, mobilizing people, and/or working directly with an affiliate. Creativity is a plus.
- Commitment level: Average of 1-2 hours per week for planning and meetings until the His Toy Store site launches in December. Must attend an orientation for all Committee members and your own Committee's site launch.
- Timeframe: Fall (2-3 months)
Use the form below to apply for the various Hope for New York roles mentioned above. We'll then contact you about next steps.