Want to be more involved with Hope for New York? Scroll down for more ways be integrated into our network. Then, submit an application to apply for a HFNY leadership role, including the Community Grants Circle.
Community Grants Circle
For HFNY supporters to get an inside look at HFNY grantmaking process. (Applications now open for Winter 2020. Please scroll down the page for the application.)
Eligibility: By invitation only.
- Commitment level: About 1-3 hours per week for 6 weeks.
- Timeframe: Spring
Volunteer Team Leader
Lead and coordinate volunteers for a specific program at a HFNY affiliate.
- Eligibility: Open to those who have a deep commitment to mercy and justice, enjoying mobilizing and leading volunteers, and want a hands-on experience working on the ground with an affiliate. Administrative strength is a plus.
- Commitment level: About 1-3 hours per month, for at least a one year term.
- Timeframe: Rolling (as needed)
Representatives within community groups who mobilize their groups to serve by planning volunteer opportunities and leading group in prayer for the poor and marginalized. Learn more about HFNY Reps.
- Eligibility: Open to those who are a member of a community group at a HFNY Partner Church and are proactive in gathering and mobilizing their group.
- Commitment level: minimum one year term
- Timeframe: September - June
His Toy Store Committee
Serves as planning and managing committee for a His Toy Store committee at Christmas time.
- Eligibility: Open to those who are a congregant at Redeemer East Side, Redeemer West Side, Redeemer Downtown, Redeemer Lincoln Square, Apostles Union Square, Apostles Uptown, Apostles Brooklyn, Trinity Baptist or Renaissance Church. Ability to plan an event and mobilize people is a plus.
- Commitment level: Ability to commit 1-2 hours a week for planning leading up to the store on Dec. 2 or Dec. 9. Must attend orientation and must attend store one of those dates.
- Timeframe: Fall
Young Supporters Committee (YSC)
Invites young professionals an opportunity to support HFNY’s mission through fundraising events and active cultivation of their peers throughout the year, while also gaining substantive experience in leadership within a nonprofit setting.
- Eligibility: Open to those who are committed to mercy and justice and have interest in building awareness about HFNY's impact with their spheres of influence.
- Commitment level: Ability to commit around 2 hours per month, depending on the month, up to 4 hours.
- Timeframe: Fall - Spring
Use the form below to apply for the various Hope for New York roles mentioned above. We'll then contact you about next steps.