The Covid-19 pandemic left many of us isolated and trapped at home. Sadly, the feeling of being alone and forgotten is the everyday reality for our homebound elderly neighbors – whether there’s a pandemic or not. With our army of compassionate volunteers, Citymeals can remind those we serve that someone still cares.
Show elderly neighbors that they are not forgotten by volunteering to deliver meals with Citymeals. On Mondays through Saturdays, volunteers meet at a Senior Center and then deliver meals by foot or car to home-bound seniors. Volunteer shifts range from 3 to 5 hours. Locations include:
- Encore in Midtown West
- Stanley Isaacs on the UES
- United Jewish Council on the LES
- KCS in Corona, Queens and more!
- Request information and click on the link in your confirmation email.
- Complete a volunteer application including 2 references on the Citymeals site.
- Once approved, you can sign up for a variety of dates/locations.
- To serve with a group, fill out this form.
All volunteers must be vaccinated and wear masks. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.