We are in need of a couple of Spanish speaking volunteers to serve once a month to facilitate a "Parent Cafe" with Spanish speaking parents served by SFFC.
About the program:
- Currently our Spanish speaking Parent Cafe is occurring on Fridays at 6pm (but there is some flexibility).
- Parent Cafes are physically and emotionally safe spaces where parents talk and listen to each other on topics that matter to them, such as the challenges and victories of raising a family, navigating landscapes of inequality, and enhancing well-being.
- Through individual self-reflection and peer-to-peer learning, participants explore their strengths, learn about the Protective Factors, and create strategies from their own wisdom and experiences to strengthen their families.
- Participants leave Cafés feeling inspired, energized, and excited to put into practice what they’ve learned.
- This is NOT a teaching opportunity and you are not expected to be an expert in Parent Cafes or Protective Factors.
- You WILL be trained in how to facilitate a structured conversation between participants.
This commitment will be once a month for 3-4hrs.
Volunteer Skills & Qualifications:
- Be parents themselves.
- Speak Spanish fluently.
- Be comfortable participating in the group, sharing from their own experiences as a parent, but NOT assuming the role of a teacher/expert.
- Be comfortable with technology (specifically Zoom)
- Be willing to make a once a month commitment for 3 consecutive months. Each cafe being 1.5-2hrs with prep before and debriefing after (3-4 hrs total).
Interested in starting the process or learning more? Click "request information" below.