The Salvation Army of Greater New York currently operates government-funded after school programs at five locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan. We provide essential services in our Greater Academic Incentive to Nurture Success (GAINS) Program.
- These services include pick-up from public schools, meals/snacks, homework/tutoring assistance, enrichment activities, and more.
- The goal of the GAINS is to raise the self-esteem of disadvantaged children, to increase their academic success, and to help them to excel in all aspects of their lives.
- The afterschool program is a Corps based program that allows for participants and their families to also have access to wrap around social services based on their needs.
Join us in serving children at our GAINS program. The program hours are from 2:00pm to 6:00pm from Monday-Fridays. Volunteers will assist our team with:
- Picking up children from neighboring public schools
- Serving meals
- Managing the classrooms
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older and commit for at least 3 months.
- Volunteers will need to complete a Department of Health Clearance, provide 3 references, medical and TB results.
- Volunteers will experience a screening process before being confirmed to serve.
Click "request information" to learn more!