New Beginnings Center of Hope provides confidential care and ongoing services designed to value woman and engage the father in the pregnancy decision making process.
Bilingual (Spanish & English) Christian female volunteers are needed to serve as a Crisis Line Agent assisting women facing unplanned pregnancy to make informed pregnancy decisions that lead to life-affirming choices for themselves and their pre-born children.
This role is essential to helping New Beginnings serve their clients and operate their center well.
- Attend trainings on Caring Foundations, phone script and documentation, virtual appointments and abide by all NBCOH policies and procedures.
- Accurately translate questions and answers (If applicable) using a phone script and coaching tips in the language that they and the caller have in common.
- Assist callers with connecting to organizations NBCOH refers to for services NBCOH does not directly provide.
- Engage in permission-based spiritual conversations that lead to gospel presentation and an invitation to receive Christ as Lord and Savior.
Volunteer Application and Training Requirements:
- Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the best day and time for an initial telephone interview and follow-up Zoom Interview.
- Volunteers will complete Volunteer Application, Background Check, and associated assessments.
- Volunteers will complete 4 virtual training sessions and 2 onsite training sessions. COVID precautions will be implemented.
- Volunteer training takes about 6 months to complete. Therefore minimum of 1 year of written volunteer commitment is required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Volunteers should be Bilingual in Spanish & English.
- Because of the sensitive faith-based nature of our work, volunteers must have a true passion for our work and be followers of Christ who embrace a sanctity of life mindset. Volunteers should agree with our mission, vision, core values, code of ethics, statement of faith.
Time commitment required: Volunteers serve on-site a minimum of 6 hours a week between 10 am and 4 pm. Due to the intensive training process, we are looking for volunteers who can commit to serving for 1 year at minimum.
Location: 3 days virtual, 2 days on-site in Jamaica, Queens.
Benefits to the volunteer: Knowing you are having an integral part of serving women in difficult life-situations.
Expectations of Volunteers: Volunteers must abide by all NBCOH policies and procedures.
What Volunteers Can Expect from New Beginnings: Volunteers experience in-depth training and direct support to ensure volunteers feel equipped and confident in their roles.
Click "Request Information" to learn more!