About this Opportunity
Avail is a confidential care network for those confirming and making decisions about unexpected pregnancies and those seeking support after an abortion.
Volunteer Client Advocates are needed to serve women in our Equip/Every Mother's Advocate Program (Parenting Support Programs). Major responsibilities include:
- Maintaining client confidentiality (applies to all relationships and client contacts are within the office).
- Provide respect and compassionate care.
- Actively listen to all clients.
- Review cases with Case Manager & provide community referrals to address clients’ immediate needs (Safe Families, Nurse Family Partnership, Medicaid, etc).
- Support the client in developing short and long-term goals.
- Provide Earn While you Learn videos/worksheets.
- Connect clients to Avail programs (parenting support classes, support groups, male advocacy, etc).
- Provide client with appropriate referrals and resources for needs beyond what Avail provides.
- Provide timely follow-up with clients.
- Document all client interactions and requirements as noted on Client Checklist.
- When not providing direct or indirect client care, will assist with necessary administrative tasks.
- Other duties as may be required.
Because of the need to maintain client relationships, all advocates are required to commit for a minimum of one year (at least 2 hrs/wk).
Avail offers clients both remote sessions or in-person sessions. Volunteers are able to select based on schedule preferences. Vaccination is required for in-person service only.
Click "request information" to get started!