Through the love of God, Garden of Hope dedicates itself to serving, caring and rebuilding the lives of women and children who have been exposed to domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. Established in 2004, Garden of Hope has effectively provided services to over three thousand Chinese immigrants.
Volunteers with a heart for youth and access to webcam & microphone are needed to serve as:
- Reading buddies for 45 mins per week, 2x per week.
- Tutors for subjects like English, Science, Math, Spanish, 1x per week for up to 3 kids per tutor.
- To serve as a mentor, see details below.
Volunteers can choose what time between 10am to 5pm works for you. Submit an application and staff will reach out for a short phone interview, training, orientation/start.
Garden of Hope Mentor Guidelines
Oprah Winfrey once said “A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself.” We know that with your impact the lives of our youth will
Thank you for being willing to join our Mentorship Program. We are deeply grateful to have you dedicate your next year to investing in the life of one of our youth. The relationship you build with your mentee has the potential to be transformative for our youth. We are here to support you and guide you through building the skills to be the best mentor you can be towards your mentee. In our mentorship program our goal is to walk alongside the mentees in developing their confidence, leadership skills, and using your wisdom, support and guidance.
- Attend Garden of Hope Mentorship Volunteer Training
- Submit Garden of Hope Mentorship Application (https://www.cognitoforms.com/GardenOfHope1/CYVolunteerApplication)
- Submit Garden of Hope Volunteer Entrance Packet (https://www.cognitoforms.com/GardenOfHope1/CYVolunteerEntrancePacket)
- Be willing to have a background check conducted
- Must provide 3 letters of recommendation (Pastor/Spiritual Leader, Co-worker, Supervisor etc, only one letter can be provided by a friend)
- Interview with GOH staff
- Fill out mentorship form online after every meeting (https://www.cognitoforms.com/GardenOfHope1/CYMentorshipReflectionForm)
- Meet with mentee for 45 to 60 minutes on a bi-weekly basis
- Attend monthly supervision meetings
- Attend special mentor/mentee events
- Setting achievable goals with mentee (can be goals you will reach together or goals to hold mentee accountable for)
Click "Request Information" to learn more!