The Bowery Mission is seeking nurses to support their weekly free medical clinic! RNs at the Bowery clinic are responsible for:
- doing vital signs, triaging patients, treating mild medical problems such as colds, skin disorders, and offering basic first aid
- doing lab draws in accordance with MD or NP's requests.
- using their nursing assessment skills in order to determine which cases are serious enough to need the clinical skill of an MD, NP, or outside referral.
Requirements - You must provide copies of:
1. RN license (up to date)
4. Personal malpractice insurance
5. Nurses will also be scheduled for one observation at the clinic before serving
Commitment required: One shift per month for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers use a google form to self-sign up when they are available to serve!
Minimum age: 18